Private Party Rentals
Rental of our private party space includes a dedicated space that you may decorate. Tables and chairs are included. Food and beverages may be brought in, but must be kept in the designated party space. You are responsible for cleaning up and taking everything you bring to the museum with you when you leave, and a museum staff member will assist with tidying the space.
- Weekday (Monday-Thursday)
Members $100/Non-Members $125
- Weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday): Members $125/Non-Members $150
- Deposit: $50
Private parties are held on days when the museum is closed or after 4:30pm. The use of the private space will be available for 2.5 hours total during your party which includes set-up and take down time. When setting the time of your party, please keep this in mind.
These rates are for a group of 10 children, additional children are $4 each.
To request your party reservations, please print, complete, and mail the party confirmation form (pdf) along with a $50 deposit to PO Box 157, Hutchinson, MN 55350. You may also drop off your completed form at Wheel & Cog during our open business hours.
Please download and print the complete packet of information about planning and hosting a party at Wheel and Cog Children’s Museum.Party Info Packet (pdf)
Group Visits & Field Trips
We are happy to welcome group visits to Wheel & Cog! There have been several childcare, homeschool, preschool, and school aged groups that have enjoyed time here. Larger group visits and field trips are scheduled on days the museum is not open to the public. It is possible that very small group visits can be scheduled during regular museum hours, with prior notice and arrangements in place. All groups must contact the museum ahead of time to schedule.
Group Visit Info:
- Rates: $3 per child
- Group Number: One adult per every 5 children
- Deposit: None
- Please inquire about group visits before you plan to play. We have a very small staff, and run many times with the help of volunteers. Before we can guarantee a private time for your group, we need to insure we have sufficient coverage.
- If you are a small childcare group coming during our regular hours, please contact us to inform us when you will be coming. We try to provide extra museum volunteers when we know we have a group coming.
- For all groups, we do ask that there is one adult for every five children.
- The discounted rate for groups is $3 per child, and adults are free.
- Children whose family have a membership are free.